For the seventh year, the ROADPOL European Traffic Police Network organized the Road Safety Days initiative from 16 to 22 September 2022. The event is under the motto “Stay alive and save lives” and is held under the auspices of the Ministry of the Interior (MoI). The focus of the initiative is 21 September: a day with zero road fatalities.
Representatives of State Agency Road Safety, together with “Reflect the Light” Initiative, will deliver an open road safety lesson for students from 119th Secondary School in Sofia.
It has been reported that in 2021, Bulgaria is among the most active partners of the cause and the number of registered events is extremely high. A working meeting of the ROADPOL Council held in May in Cyprus decided that out country would host the main event of the 2023 Road Safety Days.
The Minister of the Interior has sent an invitation to Bulgarian municipalities to join this year’s campaign as partners. To this end, local authorities can organize their own initiatives, events, and activities to improve road safety. It is desirable to disseminate information about the events using all possible communication channels, including on the ROADPOL website.
To take part in the initiative, partners need to:
- Register on the official website of ROADPOL: https://www.roadpolsafetydays.eu/. New registration is required due to the upgrade of the platform.
- Make a pledge at https://www.roadpolsafetydays.eu/take-a-pledgе.
- Organize an event, register it at https://www.roadpolsafetydays.eu/submit-an-event/event-map and share it in official municipal communication channels and with media partners.
Possible events supporting the initiative are:
- Disseminating, using your communication channels, the campaign motto, calls for safe behavior on the road, message Safety Days ROADPOL, etc.;
- Holding thematic workshops, forums, etc. with different groups of road users or partners under the motto of the campaign;
- Organisation of competitions, concerts, exhibitions with the motto of the campaign;
- Production and dissemination of informational materials with relevant content and motto;
- Preparation of presentations, educational videos with the motto of the campaign, which can be disseminated via the ROADPOL website;
- Conducting thematic competitions, quizzes, demonstrations, entertaining games, etc.
The Ministry of the Interior appeals to municipalities wishing to participate in the campaign to confirm their partnership to the national coordinator National Police General Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thus, you will be added to the list of partners for Bulgaria published on the website of Traffic Police (www.mvr.bg/opp) in the special ROADPOL Safety Days section. The information about your event must contain a brief description, organiser, venue, day and time of the event.
Should you need further information or support when registering and reporting events, please contact the National Coordinators: Maria Boteva, 02/982 99 63; Lyudmila Stoyanova, 02/982 89 74; Atanas Terziev,. 02/982 99 32, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.